Research suggests that some individuals’ personality makes them predisposed to taking greater risks, and these individuals potentially could pose a greater threat to themselves and others in the workplace.
Marque provides an assessment that has been designed to be used as a general measurement of suitability for employment as well as measuring potential for risk among current employee. This test was specifically designed to aid in the prevention of workplace accidents thereby benefiting through greater productivity and lower workers compensation premium impacts. Just like risk based assessments are conducted on machinery, this now provides the ability to conduct risk assessments on people and benchmarking what would be an acceptable candidate for your organisation. The ‘norm’ is Australian based and the assessment is based on the Australian standard with industry specific ‘norm’ groups.
Our Work Safety assessment was specifically designed to aid in the prevention of workplace accidents. It is also aimed at assisting OH&S ~ Health Safety Security Environment (HSSE) staff to:
- Quickly identify people who are at risk of harming themselves or others in the workplace.
- Reduce OH&S / HSSE risks and work accidents (including fatalities, lost time injuries and ‘near misses’).
- Efficiently manage human resources by assigning higher-risk individuals to lower-risk environments.
- Increase workplace productivity and efficiency.
- Reduce losses resulting from workplace accidents, including compensation, OH&S insurance premiums, turnover, loss of productivity and loss of income.
- Uphold safety standards and avoid the legal implications of violating work safety regulations.
- Create a safe, risk-free workplace environment.
And can assist across the organisation including HR and Operational Managers:
- making informed decisions regarding recruitment and retention of employees.
- develop structured interviews to include relevant safety issues.
- as part of a training program or workshop.
- making informed decisions regarding the development of interventions to improve work safety.
The assessments outlined below can be utilised within a broad screening approach or as customised individualised reports. in particular
- Abstract Reasoning
- Mechanical Reasoning
- Spatial Reasoning
- Workplace Instructions
- Number Knowledge
- Work Safety Questionnaire
The Work Safety Questionnaire is a measure of personality and cognitive factors, which have been demonstrated to predict work accidents. These factors include:
- Fluid Intelligence
- Stress Tolerance
- Risk Avoidance
- Cognitive Awareness
- Locus of Control
- Spatial Understanding